St. John’s United Methodist Church originated in the fall of 1950 as a family-oriented neighborhood church with 47 charter members. The congregation at St. John’s grew quickly and the need to house the growing membership has been constant through most of its 50-year history.

Construction of the expanded sanctuary was completed in 1962 and serves as the main sanctuary to this day. In 1979, the current education building and administrative offices were added. 2004 was yet another year of notable expansion as the new Family Life Center, a new music room, and the Welcome Center were all added during that year. In addition, the restrooms were upgraded, the narthex was expanded, and the kitchen was completely rebuilt.

The history of St. John’s has been one of growth and expansion mainly due to dedicated clergy and laity. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, St. John’s United Methodist Church has made it their objective to “grow on” as they make disciples for Christ.

For more information about the United Methodist Church, as a whole, click here.